Tuesday, September 28, 2010

How to use up those pretty scraps of paper & ribbon........

I had this idea in my head since I had done this last Christmas.
I finally decided to do it this past week and finish it.

Now we all have a scrap drawer with little bits and pieces that we just cannot throw away because we love the papers.
I went through my scraps and grabbed all the co ordinating pretty little pieces that ranged from 3" to 6" square and made all the flowers.
There is some My Mind's Eye, October Afternoon, Websters Pages and some Basic Grey.
I made the bow from vintage book paper and gesso'd over it so it was firmer and not so soft and fragile as vintage paper can be.





I have another Off The Page that I'm working on, but I can't show you until it's finished. I am waiting on a few pieces to arrive.
Well, I might give you a sneak peek.
Till then,
Happy Creating!!!
Bec
X


7 comments:

Julie said...

just gorgeous bec

Paper Paradise said...

This is so very pretty. Love the whole idea of it. x

Anonymous said...

Hi,

these are very beautiful and creative, I like the way you mixed the ingredients with the wraps...

keep it up, and good work!

Kim Strother said...

This is so precious and very pretty. I have seen these roses made before, but I tried to make some and they did not turn out very good. Yours are so nice! Maybe I'll have to try and play with some again.

Thanks for stopping my blog and wishing me a happy birthday. I appreciate it!

Let me know if you want me to look for some Maya Road for you??

Kim

mandysea said...

juast as stunning as can beeeeeeee!!!!!!! Breath-taking bec!

Tina Connolly said...

Very sweet, what a great idea.
www.scrapdiva-tina.blogspot.com

~Etoile~ said...

Wow that is beautiful

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin